Monday 18 March 2013

So satisfied.

 
You know when you finish a great book, and you just feel immensly satisfied.  I love that feeling.

I recently read One Day by David Nicholls, a book I picked up randomly at a second-hand bookshop on a rainy day, and from the very first page I was hooked. I won't give too much away, but the story spans twenty years in the lives of two friends, Emma and Dexter, each chapter occuring on the same day, July 15th.
 
 
The story is neither crazy romantic or ridiculously lovey, and that's probably why I enjoyed it so much. Rather, much of the novel focuses on the tensions of identity, not only in relationships but in the unraveling of life beyond university. I was comforted. And I laughed a lot. So funny, endearing and relatable!
 
The book was turned into a film a couple years ago now, but I have no idea if it's any good. I might just cross my fingers and give it a go soon. :)
 
 
I purposefully picked up this book when I saw it, because I knew it would draw me in and because I've found that since I got an Iphone {which is truly a constant source of distraction} I haven't been reading much at all. Very lame. And I missed reading! So, I've taken to packing a book with me again at all times, and my days seem brighter because of it. 
 
PS. That kiss at the top? Woah. Gives me goose-bumps.
 
{Images 1, 2, 3 and 4}

2 comments:

  1. *whooooosh!* - that's the feeling I get when I look at that kiss. That kiss would make time stand still!!! Sounds like a great read - will have to give it a go myself! Thanks for the review luvie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right?? Definitely read it, so good! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete