Thursday 21 March 2013


"It’s all different I suppose. I find myself wanting the sprint, craving it. Why? Because I am young and I let foolish romantic ideas fester. Sometimes, during a long hot day you let yourself feel a little crappy, as to why you aren’t finding someone who sends you love notes on flowers. Or even a rolled up receipt with a scribbled confession of affection. 
But some people don’t get the sprint. The 500 meter dash. Or even the run downhill, caught up by the force of gravity. We get the cross-country meet in the pouring rain. The marathon on the hot asphalt. We get the obstacle course of forest through the woods. We get the incline, in the cold winter morning, our breath sucked from our lungs. It’s all different." 
Kat Keegan {Excerpt from How love is like a run.}

PS. This woman's writing is one of my favourites. Follow this link for more goodness.

{Image via}

1 comment: