Friday 15 March 2013

Just a cowgirl's dream


Everyone has a fantasy occupation,
one that they wistfully dream of when working the 9-5 grind.
Mine has always been, and probably will always be,
to be a cowgirl.



As a little girl growing up, I always thought it would be the most loveliest thing to own a ranch.
I pictured having cattle and sheep, and wrangling and trail-riding to my heart's content.
My nights would be spent out under the stars, with only a campfire's glow to keep me company.

*Sigh*

Definitely my idea of bliss.

Watching shows like McLeod's Daughters only encouraged my notions.
{If you have no idea what I'm referring to then be forewarned you will become addicted}

It's an Australian drama that follows the trials and triumphs of sisters Tess and Claire,
as they try to make a go of  it with the family farm they've inherited.
Que, Aussie accents, HOT cowboys, adventures of all sorts, and female gumption.


Don't you think Rachel and I would make a cute Tess and Claire?


Since I won't be inheriting a Ranch anytime soon, I thought I'd see what options are out there and available to dreamers like me.

Enter, Echo Valley Ranch and Spa.
It's a tad more luxe than I had imagined, but who's complaining?

They even have a Girls Getaway Package!


Maybe I can be a cowgirl after-all!

Join me?


Happy Friday Lovlies!!!

Hope you have a relaxing and low-key weekend.


{Images}
1
2
3
4
5

{All images of Echo Valley Ranch and Spa found here}

1 comment:

  1. O.m.g. I could sooooooooooo go for a weekend getaway at that ranch!!

    A couple other good {and slightly more rustic} ranches are Spring Lake Ranch {http://www.springlakeranch.com/} or The Hills Health Ranch {http://www.spabc.com/} both in the 100-108 Mile area. I've been to both and they are a complete delight!

    Oh, how I love ponies :)

    ReplyDelete