Tuesday 12 March 2013

A little bit of heaven


Remember when we introduced that new series and promised we'd be starting soon?

Well, here we go. :)

Easily, music is one of my all-time favorite passions. I could very nearly sing all day long. If I know a song that's being played, I will sing, hum, and inevitably dance. In the car, at a local shop, even at a concert when singing along is frowned upon; I cannot help myself. I really can't. It's one of the ways I do beauty.

Fancy a sneak peek into my life?

One of my favorite parts of my job as a nanny {Mary Poppins here} is the one hour I spend each day doing housework.  'Rachel you're crazy!' you may say.  But for this one hour, I plug my Ipod into the home-stereo system which is absolutely brilliant, and I sing along crazy loud while doing whatever daily chores there is to do.  Kind of like a modern day Cinderella, hey?

Quite naturally, going to see musicians perform live is my little bit of heaven.  And frankly, it's been far too long since I made plans to attend any concerts.  But with spring and summer creeping up on us and needing a little inspiration to get us through, Christina and I, kind of went concert crazy {considering we really haven't seen any shows the last year} and bought tickets for three phenomenal shows that will be happening over the next three months.

In just two weeks we'll be seeing Josh Ritter.  I really love him.  And this album in particular often lulls me to sleep, not cause I'm bored, but because it makes me feel warm and happy and safe.




In April we'll be seeing Serena Ryder.  We're very excited for this show.  She seems so effortlessly cool and the combination of her tone, lyrics, and beats are perfection.





Lastly, in May we'll be seeing Sigur Rós.  This is a concert I have been wanting to see for years and years.  Goodness gracious, this show is going to be a doozy.  I'm going to be walking on clouds all night long and probably for the next few days afterward.








Who are you dying to see in concert my dears?

I'm always looking for new artists to follow and I love any and all suggestions. :)


{First image found here}

No comments:

Post a Comment