Friday 22 March 2013

Afternoon delight


Hello my lovelies, I hope you are ready for the weekend!
I certainly am :)

Rachel has been so kind as to kick-start our our newest series, Take pleasure in this life, with this post. Now it's my turn to give you a sneak peak into what I do, to make life beautiful.

I work a 9-5 job, Monday-Friday just like many of you. 
Although I'm incredibly grateful for an opportunity to pay the bills, 
working in an office leaves me somewhat restless throughout the week. 
The antidote?

Picnic lunches.

There is something delightfully whimsical, about escaping the office for lunch-hour adventure. 
When you can find yourself the perfect little place to curl up with a good book, nibble on some
tasty treats, and catch some sun-rays, it is divine.

My favorite places to picnic are local parks and when I'm feeling especially adventurous, 
a beach that overlooks the airport, where I can watch planes come and go.

{One of the few perks to working near an airport}




It's a wonderful way to refresh and recharge during the work day,
and it leaves me feeling motivated and invigorated for the remainder of the afternoon.

So would you picnic on your lunch-hour?

or

Do you have another secret trick that gets you through your day?
I'd love to hear.

Happy Friday!!!


{Images}

1
2
3
4
5
6
7

1 comment:

  1. That sounds soooooo nice, and those pictures are to die for! I could curl up on a blankie with a book and fresh air RIGHT now!! I'm going to have to incorporate picnicing to my weekly lunch routine - excellent idea! <3

    ReplyDelete