Thursday 31 January 2013

The Dentist, Friend or Foe?


I have an irrational fear of the dentist's office. My hands go clammy,  I develop a nervous tickle in my throat,  and my eyes dart about the room like I'm a mouse about to be pounced on by a big ol' cat. I've even been known to ask a friend, sister, or boyfriend along, just to quell the fear. Lame, I know!

 So at the ripe old age of 28, I've decided enough is enough. 2013 will be the year to end all this nonsense. After delaying the inevitable, I finally booked an appointment for last Friday. As I sat in the office anxiously awaiting my turn in the chair, I began to wonder if I could possibly slip out the door without the slightest notice. Hmmm... not likely.
Soon, too soon in fact, my name was called and in I went. And you know what?

Everything was fine. Better than fine actually. The dentist was kind, and his amiable bed-side manner was a nice departure from what I had previously experienced in the dentist's chair. The hour I was in there went by  quite quickly {to my astonishment} and soon I was out and into the daylight. With a new toothbrush to boot!



All this to say, sometimes you can indeed concur your fears. Even if it takes you 28 years to do it!

So my dears, what fears are you hoping to squash in 2013?

I think heights might be next for me!

{Images 1 and 2}

P.S. How scrumptious are these little girls?!


3 comments:

  1. The Dentist will always be a foe in my books. Especially when the extraction of my wisdom teeth looming...

    Fear to be squelched in 2013? Excellent question. Will ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. *very* scrumptious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Went back for round two and survived!

    ReplyDelete