Tuesday 29 January 2013

All About Hats


I don't know if you've noticed, but hats *especially of the wide-brimmed variety, are everywhere these days {at least in blog, pinterest, and tumblr land}. They are effortlessly cool, and hippie chic.

 *Bonus they won't flatten the wavy hair you've worked so hard to achieve.


My personal preference is the slightly floppy 70's throwback style. The kind Hollywood starlets have been sporting for quite some time now {maybe I'm a little behind the trend}. Oh well, better late than never right?
Anyways, they are a fab alternative to toques {beanies for you Americans}, as they keep the wind, rain, or snow from messing up your hair, keeping you cute and warm. 
Who says you can't have it all? 
Well, in a hat anyways.


Disclaimer:

One thing is for sure, I am definitely not a model. So thank you for baring with me.
Also, a model's job is not an easy one.
Sure the sun is shining in these pics, but do not be fooled.
My hands (not pictured for a reason), were purple.
Yes, Rachel and I were freezing our a**** off!

Foolish? Yes.

But, blogging causes to you do absurd things from time to time.

*Need proof that that it was indeed freezing? See the ice crystals below.



Our location for this fun photo shoot was the spectacular Alouette Lake.
Gorgeous, right?!


It truly is one of our favorite places. And it's magical this time of year. 
I'll just remember to pack mitts next time we visit!

3 comments:

  1. Love the wide brimmed hats - my favourite is a cream wide brimmed hat paired with my brown/cream polka dot bikini. Beach fashion :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds cute and sexy! Not to mention, the best sun protection. :)

      Delete
    2. Used to have a fabulous one, but our dog Bella ate it! :(

      Delete