Tuesday 22 January 2013

Holding Hands

Valentine's Day is just around the corner.  Alas, I'm sure most of you need no reminders!  
But we thought, 'why not begin a little countdown to V day?'  We happen to love love. And while there is always a good time to reminisce, now seems especially appropriate.


First dates and first kisses, when shared with someone you're starting to adore, are usually heart-warming, sensation-zinging moments. Ooof goes the heart, clanging and rattling around the ribcage.  But there can be something so vulnerable, earnest and hopeful when you first brush hands with a dreamy man, slowly clasp palms, fingers intertwine.  

I'm a bit of a tortoise in the world of love, 'slow and steady' generally being the pace, so hand-holding for me is kind of a big deal.  And usually by the time it happens, I'm hook-line-and-sinker, caught.  That silent reach, a quiet declaration, gosh, how it leaves me feeling heady and just the slightest bit invincible.



Right now I'm just holding the hands of my Mamma, and my sisters, but I'm contentedly looking forward to slipping my hand into a manly one, just as soon as I can.


PS. Sexiest way to hold hands... fingers laced, thumb stroking thumb.  It is surprisingly steamy!


{Image 1 and 2 and the last image courtesy of the delightful illustrator Phoebe Wahl}


1 comment: