Wednesday 24 April 2013

La vie en rose


Hey Lovelies, it's Wednesday!
You know what that means :)

Half-way through the work-week.
Wahoo!

In continuation of our series, take pleasure in this life,
 I thought I'd let you in on my work-day mojo maker.

I've been logging a lot of time at my desk recently, and taken on a few extra responsibilities. 
My mountain of paper work is slowly mounting each day, and there are many t's to cross and i's to dot. 
Sometimes it's easy for me to get bogged down with the meticulous nature of it all, 
and I desperately need something to spice it up.

Enter in,
French music....


Instantly I'm transported to a Parisian cafe and cobblestone streets,
and miraculously the stress in my shoulder blades begins to melt. 
My thoughts clear, and my attention to detail is enhanced. 
Work actually becomes quite enjoyable.

{Yes I just said that}

I've been a long time fan of such artists as Carla Bruni and Madeleine Peyroux.
And of course I love the quintessential La vie en rose, by Ă‰dith Piaf.

My love of French music has even extended itself to hip-hop and rap.
And on the recommendation of my good friend, I've been listening to a lot of Passi and Mc Solaar.
Some of my colleagues have raised an eye brow or two, but then before you know it, 
they're grovvin to it too!

So without further ado, 
I'll leave you with a handful of my absolute favorite tunes.

Enjoy!








P.S. Did any of you recognize that last song from somewhere? ;)

{Images}
1
2
3

No comments:

Post a Comment